What Are the Best Google Alternatives for Search Engines?
Googling has become the topmost habit of almost all internet users, and Google, as a priority search engine, has served the users for 25 years. People prefer open Google to do every task ranging from minor searches to conducting big research and getting updates about the latest events. Considering such popularity, Google's search engine is known to be standing with firm feet and domination while earning a massive market share. Considering such a demand, it is debatable whether any other engine could serve better than Google. Therefore, because of the high market demand, Google is the primary search engine and is the focus of marketing professionals and SEO experts belonging to online casino and other different categories. Well, other search engines could be differentiated with their features, and they include
Bing stands second in the market share after the Google search engine. This search engine is provided by Microsoft and was launched in 2009. Meanwhile, at the earliest, it features Live Search and MSN Search options. Bing is convenient to use, providing users with a smooth visual experience while it is efficient in video searching. The video searches come with the thumbnails, and hovering them play the preview for the viewers. There are several integrated features in Bing, such as
- Currency Conversion,
- Flight Tracking
Additionally, Bing offers a reward scheme for users where they can earn points for browsing, searching, and shopping using the engine. Later, they can redeem those points for interesting apps and gadgets.
When it comes to the users' safety, DuckDuckGo is highly trusted for its steadfast privacy-centered commitment. This search engine does not keep any personal records of the users, nor does it track online activities. Therefore, DuckDuckGo takes pride in providing anonymous search engine results. The following are the advantages that are associated with the DuckDuckGo search engine:
- It gives the users the comfort of accessing and browsing without storing any record of their personal data, which could lead to identity theft.
- Since the search engine does not keep a record of personal information, it does not use targeted ads.
- With the â€œBangsâ€ feature, the users can quickly search from other sites, such as Wikipedia, when the letter W is typed in the query.
It is also a privacy-focused search engine that acts as an intermediary between Google and the user. It means that the StartPage sources its search results from Google while delivering it to the user. However, it keeps the players' data anonymous and restricts Google from tracking the user's results. It brings the same results as that of Google. The following are the pros that StartPage provides for its users:
- This search engine never allows cookies and, therefore, does not store playersâ€™ personal information.
- Acting as a mediator, StartPage never stores the player's personal data, and all the searches are conducted securely and anonymously.
- The quality results are guaranteed with StartPage as it sources the searches from Google.
What we call a truly creative and different is the baseline of Ecosia that uniquely engages the users. It proposes an environmentally friendly approach by planting trees from the revenue it generates via ads. All the users who are advocates of environmentally friendly approaches take pleasure in using this search engine. Meanwhile, its advantages could be listed as follows:
- Transparency is the focus of Ecosia. It displays all the finances and the revenue generations to the users and how it is being used for an eco-friendly model.
- The business model of Ecosia is centered around reforestation and sustainability.
Qwant is a user-friendly European-based search engine that is well-known for its privacy features. Qwant is focused on the privacy of users, thereby providing anonymity and a discreet approach towards the usersâ€™s data. Meanwhile, Qwant is also famous for its best visual quality. The following are the best features that the users can enjoy out of Qwant:
- It allows visual search options through a dedicated image, which makes it unique from the other search engines.
- Qwnat does not store personal data, nor does it track usersâ€™ information.
There is no denying the fact that Google is a widely used search engine, but by the time, there are growing privacy concerns of the users, and they are reluctant to expose their data. Considering such circumstances, the users can pick alternative search engines that come with plenty of benefits, offering privacy, unique capabilities, and an eco-friendly approach. Therefore, while selecting a search engine, users must consider their priorities and make informed decisions that meet their needs and values. The alternatives, as presented above, display that there are tenable options for a perfect browsing experience.