Audible is Amazon's audiobook service, which offers a 30-day free trial before charging £7.99 a month to members. If your trial time is coming to an end or you've simply had it with the service,
You may have signed up for a free trial of Amazon's audiobook service, Audible, but you will be charged every month if you do not cancel your subscription.
This is a step-by-step guide to cancelling your subscription.
How can I terminate my Audible membership?
1. Go to the Audible desktop website first.
2. Select Account Details from the drop-down menu. You'll be taken to the membership information page right away.
3. At the bottom of this page, there is a link to "Cancel membership."
4. You will be told that if you cancel, you will forfeit your credits. If you have any points, it is strongly advised that you use them to purchase an audiobook before continuing. After cancelling your subscription, you can still listen to downloaded audiobooks, but you won't be able to spend points.
5. You will be prompted to provide an explanation if you continue to terminate your subscription. You could be allowed to return depending on your response. You'll be given the option of a voucher or credit if you desire 'it's too expensive,' for example.
6. If you keep your weapons and respond, "Terminate nonetheless," you will be allowed to cancel the subscription.
7. If everything goes well, you'll receive an automatic email confirming the scheduling change.
Please keep in mind that deleting the Audible app will not terminate your subscription.
You will receive an instant email confirmation of your itinerary adjustments when you cancel. You will have access to your member benefits until the end of the most recent paying month. You can see when your membership will expire by going to the "Membership Details" tab.
If I discontinue my subscription, what happens to my audiobooks?
Even if you don't have an Audible membership, purchased audiobooks will be saved in your online library and can be downloaded on many devices. You can put your Audible subscription on pause if you want to take a break from it but don't want to cancel it completely. This should be done once every 12 months, for one to three months each time.
If I discontinue my subscription, do I keep my credits?
Your credits, as well as your other membership benefits, will be forfeited if you discontinue your Audible membership. It's best to use up all of your credits before deciding whether or not to keep your subscription. Remember that even if you are no longer a member, any audiobooks you purchase are yours to keep, so take advantage of those credits.
Is it possible to buy audiobooks after cancelling my membership?
Yes, absolutely! To purchase audiobooks from the Audible or Amazon websites, you do not need an Audible subscription. You will, however, be paying full retail price for the audiobooks instead of taking advantage of Audible subscription benefits such as:
1. Monthly or annual credits that can be used for any single-volume audiobook on our website.
2. Members-only activities and special deals are notified in advance.