Send business and addressed marketing mail without incurring processing delays or fees.
Follow address rules on your mailings to help your business - you'll avoid delays and fees imposed by unnecessary processing.
This article contains the following information:
1. Guidelines for address placement
2. Correct mail address forms for Canadian addresses
What is Canada's apartment number?
Unit, apartment, or suite number the municipality assigns a civic number to each street. 123A or 123 1/2 as a municipal suffix the official name recognized by the municipality is the street name (could be alfa-numerical 2ND AVE, 36A ST) Mar 21, 2022.
What is the best way to input a Canadian address?
Formatting addresses correctly STREET ADDRESS should be written in capital characters. POSTAL CODES should be written in capital letters with one space between the first three and last three characters. On the same line, write the municipality, province or territory, and postal code.
1. Above the civic address, include extra delivery information such as title, floor, and so on.
2. Insert a hyphen between the unit number and the civic number.
3. When a civic number suffix is present, use one space; if it is a letter, and do not use a space (e.g. 123A).
4. 2 spaces separate the postal code from the provincial sign.
Guidelines for address placement
To ensure that your mail is scanned by our processing equipment, follow these addressing recommendations for standard, oversize, and image-printed envelopes.
Proper address formats
Follow these addressing rules to prevent unwanted delays or surcharges:
1. STREET ADDRESS should be written in capital characters.
2. Write POSTAL CODES in capital letters and leave a space between the first and last three characters. (Please, no hyphens.) These can lead to delays.)
3. On the same line, write the municipality, province or territory, and postal code.
4. One space separates the municipality from the province (or territory); two spaces separate the province (or territory) from the postal code.
5. Use punctuation only when it is part of a legitimate name, such as ST. PETER'S.
6. Format the return address in the same manner as the destination address and insert it in the top-left corner of the envelope or package (or on the envelope or package itself).